The Printrbot Jr. lives in the corner opposite from the entryway.
Information and accessories
Blue PLA filament is available for this machine.
The Printrbot does not have its own controller, and should be controlled via USB. There is a computer (SevenOfNine) at the table that is dedicated to this purpose.
The installation and support wiki for this item can be found here:
Default build dimensions and sensor offsets
Default steps per millimeter
DO NOT HACK
- The printhead gets VERY hot! Do not touch it under ANY circumstances, unless you really, really know what you're doing.
- Level the print bed prior to every print for best results.
- In general, darker filaments require a higher nozzle temperature to extrude evenly and reliably without clogging. When choosing a filament, please check and see if there's an ideal temp for it.
- For some prints, it helps to preheat the plastic and confirm that there is good extrusion before starting the print.
This item belongs to the Hacklab.
- 10 Apr 2015: Set up computer for printer control.
- 24 Jul 2015: Hotend temp sensor wire has broken off. Inoperable until repaired. @mg_
- 31 Jul 2015: Replaced hotend. Working great! @mg_ and KenC
- 4 Aug 2015: Upgraded Repetier and reinstalled Teensy Serial Driver
- 15 Dec 2015: fixed Y-limit switch leads; re-wrap wires to hotend fan (@mg_)
- 6 Jan 2016: repair power wires for hotend fan; printrbot cannot comm via usb(!) (@mg_)