The Ultimaker lives in the corner opposite from the entryway.
Information and accessories
3mm PLA filaments are available for this machine at the Hacklab. We have filament available for free use by our members; it is structurally sound but the color is not consistent. We also have higher-grade filament available for purchase, in various colors. Ask Chief.
Some of the at-a-glance specs:
Layer resolution: up to 20 micron
Build volume: 21 x 21 x 20.5 cm
Print speed: 30 mm/s - 300 mm/s
Travel speed: 30 mm/s - 350 mm/s
Recommended filament diameter: 2.85 mm
Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
Print technology: Fused filament fabrication (FFF)
Stand-alone SD-card printing (UltiController)
Frame dimension X Y Z: 35.7 / 34.2 / 38.8 cm
Operation nozzle temperature: 180° - 260° C
The Ultimaker does have a controller, and we are also currently in the process of setting up a dedicated laptop for use with our Ultimaker.
The instruction and support wiki for this item can be found here:
- The printhead gets VERY hot! Do not touch it under ANY circumstances, unless you really, really know what you're doing.
- Level the print bed prior to every print for best results.
- In general, darker filaments require a higher nozzle temperature to extrude evenly and reliably without clogging. When choosing a filament, please check and see if there's an ideal temp for it.
- For some prints, it helps to preheat the plastic and confirm that there is good extrusion before starting the print.
This item belongs to the Hacklab.
If this item breaks, please notify @Chief at email@example.com.
Electronics Cooling Fan: http://www.miniinthebox.com/av-7525m12s-fan-for-electronics-diy-1-pieces-a-pack_p350029.html
- July 2014: Repaired and tested repeatedly.....seems to be in good shape!
- January 2015: Replaced temp sensor and heater cartridge.